Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb to host American Red Cross for blood drives this July
Local malls invite community to donate blood over Fourth of July weekend
Thursday, June 29, 2017 —
Save lives by donating blood! The American Red Cross will host blood drives at Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb from noon-5 p.m. during select dates this July. Supporters who donate blood at either mall will receive a complimentary gift from the American Red Cross (while supplies last)!
Why get involved? Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
- Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
- Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives!
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day.
- Approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet less than 10 percent actually do!
- The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40 percent of the nation's blood supply.
Town Center at Cobb
400 Barrett Pkwy, Kennesaw, GA 30144 (Sears Court)
July 1-3 from noon-5 p.m. each day
*All donors at Town Center at Cobb will receive a Red Cross drawstring bag, while supplies last
Mall of Georgia
3333 Buford Drive, Buford, GA 30519 (Upper Level near Dick’s Sporting Goods)
July 3-4 from noon-5 p.m. each day
*All donors at Mall of Georgia will receive a Red Cross drawstring bag, while supplies last
HOW: Visit redcrossblood.org to schedule an appointment in advance. Enter code ‘moga’ for Mall of Georgia or ‘tcac’ for Town Center at Cobb.
For more information on these events at Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb, visit bit.ly/MOGarc17 and bit.ly/TCCarcJuly. For more blood donation facts, visit the American Red Cross online at givelife.org.