As part of the summer series, local bands take the stage at The Village Pavilion from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. and the feature film shines on a 35-foot big screen at The Village Amphitheatre starting at dusk around 9 p.m. Guests can also enjoy a variety of fun games, jump time in bounce houses and summer snack concessions, including Skip’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice, popcorn, cotton candy and more. As always, shoppers are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs to get cozy for the music and motion picture production!
With family flicks like “Minions,” silver screen classics like “Grease” and rockin’ tunes from The Woody’s and Brent Gafford Band on the lineup, this entertainment series is the perfect way to spend summer nights with family and friends!
The music / movie schedule is as follows**
- May 28: The Woody’s / “Minions” (rated G)
- June 4: J. Kyle Reynolds / “Jurassic World” (rated PG-13)
- June 11: Line 6 / “Hotel Transylvania 2” (rated PG)
- June 18: Brent Gafford Band / “The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” (rated PG-13)
- June 25: Foxes & Fossils / “Kung Fu Panda 3” (rated PG)
- July 4: Mall of Georgia’s 14th Annual Star Spangled Fourth event (special program)
- 5 p.m.: Kids Zone opens for family fun
- 5 – 7 p.m.: Ants Trippin’
- 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.: The Woody’s
- 9:30 p.m.: Singing of the National Anthem by Mallory Wilson
- 9:35 p.m.: Gwinnett's grandest fireworks display
- Post-fireworks: “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” (rated PG-13)
- July 9: Fire & the Knife / “Grease” – 1978 Original (rated PG)
- July 16: Fly Betty Band / “5th Wave” (rated PG-13)
- July 23: Dean Taylor & The Better Days / “Alvin and the Chipmunks – The Road Chip” (rated PG)
- July 30: Beau + Luci / “Star Wars Episode VII – The Force Awakens” (rated PG-13)
** Please note there is no “Movies Under The Stars” program on Saturday, July 2 due to the July 4th event
To apply for vendor participation in the Movies Under The Stars series, contact Teresa Holloway by calling (770) 271-9458 or email THolloway@Simon.com.
About Mall of Georgia
Mall of Georgia, the largest mall in the Southeast, features more than 200 stores, including anchors Von Maur (coming fall 2016), Belk, Dillard’s, jcpenney and Macy’s. “The Georgia Walk” through the mall features murals, artifacts, displays and themed courtyards showcasing Georgia history and heritage. A 20-screen theater, 3-D Imax and the Pavilion live music amphitheatre provide ample entertainment options. Multiple restaurants offer an array of choices, from casual to fine dining. For a map and store listings, as well as directions, events and job listings, please visit www.mallofgeirgia.com. Connect with Mall of Mall of Georgia on facebook.com/MallofGeorgia, twitter.com/ShopMallofGA and instagram.com/shopmallofga.
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE:SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. For more information, visit simon.com.
About Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent dedicated to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow. Our specialized care helps children get better faster and live healthier lives. Managing more than 870,000 patient visits annually at three hospitals and 27 neighborhood locations, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report. With generous philanthropic and volunteer support since 1915, Children’s has impacted the lives of children in Georgia, the United States and throughout the world. Visit www.choa.org for more information.
# # #